1:21 AM Edit This 0 Comments »
Today we spent the day with a fellow CG wife that I met through a forum for CG wives. I have met some of the my best friends through that site. Thank you Mamma Chick for creating it.

Anyways... Today we went to a festival to get some Aloha spirit. it was a blast! Here are a few pictures!

Tempy posing for mommy

Tanner and Mrs. Jodie's arms. He can almost do it on his own.

Emma posing for me. This is our built in baby sitter for our outings. She is Temperance's little mommy.

Lei Making

Me making a Lei of sorts. It was really awesome. You braided raffia that was soaked in water. Then wrapped in flowers and greenery. It was fun. I think we should make more

Me braiding the raffia.

Finished on my wrist.

Love showing it off.

No mommy dont put that on me! I was trying to make it a necklace for her.

Emma doing the needle and thread method.

Little miss diva showing it off.


Weaving

The other thing we did was make palm weaved head bands. (Please see the post before this to see a gnome version) It was really nice. This is the same method used to make baskets. Also the yellow reeds on the end of the leaves are often taken off to make brooms!


Tempy loved swinging the leaves! She even hit mommy in the eye.

Tempy trying to do it


Jodie and KoleKole doing it.

Jodie and Emma doing it while Kole beats them.


0 comments: